Skip to main content

Internet fraudster confesses to using ‘Vanguard Media logo’

The Police in Abuja yesterday paraded a  cyber fraudster, one Elom Caleb Nzube who specializes in intimidation, blackmail, cybercrime and impersonation  using the internet and twitter to defraud his victims even as the suspect confessed that he created the web page which he uses, with Vanguard Media Logo because ‘it is very credible and accepted worldwide’.
Briefing newsmen at Force Headquarters, FPRO, ACP Olabisi Kolawole noted that the fraudster attempted severally to blackmail and intimidate one Mrs. Tinu Alade Abiola, Managing Director /CEO of HTM International Nigeria Limited, of the sum of $5, 000. She said Nzube hacked into the twitter accounts of Mrs. Abiola set up for purposes of publishing fire, safety and rescue news information across the globe. “On discovery, Mrs. Abiola closed down her twitter accounts and reported the fraudster to twitter which also closed down the twitter account.

During investigation by the IGP Monitoring Unit, it was discovered that “the fraudster fraudulently fabricated a story using his professional knowledge in computer applications to prepare a human skull, attach same to the photograph of the complainant (Mrs. Abiola) and created a web page with Vanguard News Media logo, which he used to blackmail the petitioner internationally”. Furthermore, “The suspect confessed to have also blackmailed several unsuspecting persons, among who are Prof. Toyin Ajao, a lecturer at University of Pretoria, South Africa, Senator Raji Rauf; and Sam Kurk from England”.

Answering questions later, 25-year-old Nzube who hails from Obosi in Anambra State, said “I was hoping that I could make a few dollars because I needed to rent a house and what it will cost me is $700. I am a barber and was sleeping inside my shop and it was not confortable.

“I got Vanguard Media logo because it is the one that is credible and accepted worldwide. I can do the same with the BBC or even the CNN. “I did it because my own twitter account was hijacked. I impersonated. I have been an honest person using my twitter to project Market Health but when my twitter was hijacked, I became hopeless. What I did is totally wrong. I have been apologizing and begging the woman to forgive me. I don’t know what to do anymore”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funniest jokes on Tiwa Savage/Tee billz Saga

Since the news of marriage crisis of superstar singer, Tiwa Savage and husband, Teebillz went viral on the social media on Thursday, Nigerians and their fans have been reacting to the saga. The husband, had gone on the Instagram, Thursday morning, to announce that all is not well in his marriage, citing infidelity, betrayal, witchcraft and even bad luck. Here are some of the hilarious comments made by Nigerians. Femi Salawu wrote ‘Breaking News! Nigerian Hackers Deny Touching Tee Billz’s IG Account. Threatens Tiwa Savage’s Hubby With Libel Suit…Hackers still angry…hehehe’ @justification wrote ‘When Tiwa sang ‘Doro is a cheerful giver’ we didn’t understand what she meant. Now, we know better.’Mitrovic wrote ‘So if Annie was feeding Teebillz, and 2face was giving Tiwa, was that a fair trade?’Iniubong wrote ‘They will be recording at night alone in the studio and Don Jazzy will be doing only ad-lib. He will not press brezz abi ? Ya not serious.’ Francis wrote ‘Even Don jazzy said ...

Kanye West says God has told him to never speak on kids again

Kanye West’s epic twitter rant was ok by many until he spoke about Wiz and Amber’s son..Many said he needed to apologize ..Now,he says God has told him never to speak on kids again..I guess that’s his version of an apology..